Saturday, June 15, 2013

SHARK!

IMG_9471

IMG_9465

IMG_9458

IMG_9485

Our local theater is playing classic Spielberg movies every week, and I was lucky enough to catch the JAWS screening. It's always been one of my favourite movies, even if it did scare the living daylights out of me as a ten year old, but you know a movie is really great when you get to rewatch it in film school and it still holds up and you notice there's even more to appreciate with a slightly more informed background....Anyway, I've always read about the release of JAWS in theaters, and how it became the first 'blockbuster' and I always imagined how epic it must have been to get to see it for the first time on a huge screen with good sound....well I got to see it in its epic proportion at last, and it was GREAT. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute- it's such a fun ride. Also, Sheriff Brody is kind of a babe...didn't really notice until this time around...heh...My mom and I snuck in some trader joe' seaweed snacks to try and keep things kinds thematic- plus they're much better than popcorn. Then she was kind enough to snap some shots for me of my shark shirt outside the theater.

IMG_9454

IMG_9475

shirt (both)- japan
jeans-papaya
shoes- keds

13 comments:

  1. *flail* This is such an adorable outfit. Everything goes so perfectly together and I'm a big fan of outfits that consist of shirts and jeans as I'm not much of a dresses or skirts person. I've NEVER seen JAWS... I have to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I forget how good Jaws was. A modern Hitchcock really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute. I love this.

    Melissa
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too adorable! Love it that it looks cute but not in a over-done way! Think I don't have much memory of Jaws except for the sound effects, they never fail to scare me.

    Ash
    ftashion
    ashlapin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, that top is freaking adorable!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dreamy editing on these photos - and your t-shirt is pretty awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this casual but cute outfit... That t-shirt is freaking adorable. And great shade of nail polish - perfect, tiny touch of sparkle for the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those photos are adorable <3 your shark tee is stunning <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE JAWS!! Darl's class is the first time I'd ever seen it and I LOVE IT TOO!! And I love this outfit! So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jaws is the best! You look so cute in this top!

    Xo, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  11. It would be so cool to see Jaws in the theatre! If I ever have the chance, I'll jump on it. I love your jaws-themed t-shirt here! The shirt layering is really cool too. I'll have to try a button-down under a t-shirt someday. You pull it off so well!

    ReplyDelete